This recipe is amazing as it is, and simple too, but you can add some tofu cubes or vegan “chicken” strips if you like in step 3.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon orange juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 cup water
- 1/8 cup sweetener
- 1/4 red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 10 baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- Rice, rice noodles, or pasta to serve over
- Sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients from orange juice up until and including sweetener. Mix well with a small wisk.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, add the garlic, ginger and green onions.
- In wok or other large skillet, add peppers, broccoli, mushrooms and carrots over medium heat.
- Once garlic and ginger has began to brown, add sauce mixture and reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 3 minutes then add into skillet with veggies.
- Cover skillet and let sauce reduce with veggies for a few minutes.
- Serve mixture over rice to absorb extra liquid and ENJOY!
Credit for this recipe goes to firstname.lastname@example.org. The original can be found here.